Friday 22 May 2009

3rd Consultation

My third appointment was with Ultralase on 22/04/09 at 12:00PM.

I knew they are expensive and I read a mixed testimonies on Lasik-Eye but I decided to give Ultralase a go as it offers free consultations. This would give me an opportunity to get my third opinion and also double confirm the results of various tests performed by the previous two clinics.

When I arrived at the clinic, I was a little confused as the shop front and the ground floor was 2020 Optician. When I approach the reception, the receptionist was busy typing away and let me waited a while before addressing me. On the back of my head, I thought all she needed to do was to check me in and ask me to go downstairs? But obviously whatever she was doing was more important....

I was seen promptly by a technician and then the optician. The test results were similar to the one carried out by AccuVision and proved that my prescription hasn't changed... not the ridiculous new prescription that OE was trying to convince me.

After the tests I was seen by 'sales representative', I think that was what his roles was, he told me I was suitable to undergo IntraLase Lasik procedure (this is the procedure I was interested in) and I could either choose 'Plano' (without Wavefront) for £2790 or with Wavefront for £3990. Already they are SO MUCH more expensive than the previous two clinics. Their argument is that they offer the Lifetime Warranty for the treatment. I was then asked when I would like to book the treatment for and I thought he was hard selling. I told him that I need more time to think it over and finally I was given a consent form to take away and information on their finance options.

If I were to make up my mind then which clinic to go to, I would definitely choose AccuVision!

No comments:

Post a Comment