Friday 15 May 2009

My nearsightedness / Myopia

I started wearing glasses when I turned 11. At the beginning I was excited as there weren't that many pupils wore glasses in my class. But as I grew older, I hate glasses more and more....

After high school, I wore monthly soft contact lenses for a few years but the maintenance regime put me off. Then I swapped them for daily lenses and carried on wearing them until now. However, for the last couple of years I noticed that my eyes get tired at the end of the day after prolong wear, and started to reduce the contact lenses wearing days.

The prescription for both my eyes had been stabilised for the last 9 years :-

April 2000
Right : Sph -3.75 / Cyl -1.00 / Axis 173
Left : Sph -3.50 / Cyl -0.75/ Axis 180

April 2009
Right : Sph -3.75 / Cyl -1.00 / Axis 170
Left : Sph -3.50 / Cyl -1.00/ Axis 180

The only change is my astigmatism in my left eye. From the prescription stability point of view I am a good candidate for Laser Eye Surgery.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing!

    Myopia is an eye condition in which distant objects are out of focus and close objects are seen clearly. Lasik For Nearsightedness is a good option because Myopia or nearsightedness is very common in both children and adults and can be treated with glasses, contacts, or laser eye surgery. Meet Dr. Tracy at Carlsbad Eye Care San Diego to learn more about Lasik as he is board-certified by the American board of ophthalmology.

    ReplyDelete