Monday 25 May 2009

4th Consultation

My final consultation was with Focus Laser Vision after I stumbled across this website http://www.lasik-truth.co.uk/ while doing my never ending research. The site was maintained by Dr David Allamby and obviously he is bias and promoting his laser eye clinic. But what I found out later that he is open minded, truthful and honest about his treatment charges.

Before I made an appointment to visit the clinic, I exchanged a few messages with him via his blog. I was told that it will costs me £2290 for my treatment, which sounds really good with added bonus that it will be Wavefront treatment with laser created flap (Z-Lasik)!

I also checked the Lasik-Eye for the treatment testimonies, overall it is highly rated even though there was less than 100 testimonies. But putting it in perspective, FOCUS is a small clinic with only one outlet compares to the high street chains.

My appointment was on 29/04/2009 at 14:00. The consultation was free but there was a £25 holding fee just in case I didn't turn up, which was fair. The first impression was really good, the lay out of the clinic is modern and simple, but professional. The service was efficient and I was greeted straight way.

The consultation went smoothly. I first saw a technician and she took some scans and carried out the tests. Then I saw the optometrist - Connie - was lovely and very thorough, and carried out sight tests and confirming that my prescription hasn't changed. She was truthful about the risks of the treatment without being prompted and I felt very confident in her.

I then saw Paula who went through any further questions I had. She explained the financial options that were available and a copy of the consent form. She also gave me a list of treatment dates of both surgeons. I forgot to mention that prior to the consultation, FOCUS had sent some information pack to me and in that there was a copy of surgeons' CV, which I did not get from the first three clinics I visited.

Overall, I was most happy with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment