Monday 18 May 2009

2nd Consultation

After my first consultation with OE, I did an extensive search on the web for other clinics in London. I came across this fantastic website http://www.lasik-eyes.co.uk/ which has a lot of testimonies from people who had the surgery. AccuVision seems to come up top with patient satisfactions..

I booked the appointment through their website and received the reply a few hours later. I was very impressed with their prompt service!

I was 40 minutes early on the consultation day as I thought it would take me some time to find the clinic, but the journey was really straight forward. Luckily there is a Starbuck just next to the clinic so I had a coffee and read my book.

AccuVision has a nice reception area and I was seen almost immediately by Vikesh. He was very polite and carried out all the necessary tests then explained all my questions I had. I was very impressed with him. I asked him about my prescription and he said that it is the same as my glasses which I have for 2 years. Unfortunately when I ask about IntraLase treatment, he told me that AccuVision only carries out Wavefront Lasik using microkeratome blade. The price he quoted me was £2200, that is £1000 cheaper than OE!

There was no hard sell from them at all. Before I leave, I was given some surgery dates but with no obligation to commit to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment